MATLAB is a commercial numerical computing environment. Its uses are in algorithm development, data visualization and analysis, and numeric calculation. TCNJ has a site license for MATLAB and supports it.
To install MATLAB on their computers, students can go to the TCNJ Home-Use Software page and download their personal copies. The home-use version of Matlab works on Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms. It does require an internet connection to run.
- Mathworks homepage: http://www.mathworks.com/
- MATLAB Documentation: http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/?s_cid=ML2012_bb_doc
- MATLAB Primer: http://www.mathworks.com/help/pdf_doc/matlab/getstart.pdf
- University of Florida’s Summary and Tutorial: http://www.math.ufl.edu/help/matlab-tutorial/
- A Practical Introduction from Michigan Technical University: http://www.math.mtu.edu/~msgocken/intro/intro.html
- Cycllismo MatLab tutorial: http://www.cyclismo.org/tutorial/matlab/